Friday, April 28, 2006

He's Perfect . . . He's Gay

I have fallen prey to a habit lately. It has happened 3 times . . . and that's just the times I'm aware of thus far. I meet a guy. He's attractive (usually VERY attractive, maybe that should have been my first warning), sweet, kind, easy to talk to . . . all the things you would hope for in a man. He's even well-dressed (clue #2) and he smells amazing. So I get to know this guy, we hang out, we talk a lot, whatever. And then, usually out of nowhere, with no warning, the truth 'comes out' (haha) . . . he's - gay. Not at all attracted to women. Well, it explains the well-dressed and ridiculously good-looking bit. And at least you know it has nothing to do with you specifically - just your gender. But WHY are they always gay? And WHY did I not see it sooner? These are life's great mysteries. I won't mention his name, because ppl who know him may one day read this blog, and I don't want to make him feel weird or put him on the spot b/c he is fantastic and I love him dearly. But suffice it to say I had a bit of a crush on this guy and just when I was thinking about moving in for the kill I find out he's gay. And in no way is that a problem for me at all - it does not bother me in the least. Except for the fact that this beautiful creature is 100% off-limits. A non-breeder, as he humourously told me he was (hehe. I don't mean that in a nasty way at all. I laughed when he told me that.). It in fact is more than useless to even try. So, apart from your broken heart and wounded spirits, you still have an awesome friend, and (finally!) a guy who truly appreciates the beauty of the male form. He can tell you you have good boobs without it being weird, and you don't have to feel like you need to impress him (anymore). You know he'll dance with you at a club, and you'll actually have his name and number at the end of the night, plus you won't feel used and dirty because he knows the spirit of the thing, and it was all harmless. The thing that gets me is, these king of guys don't seem gay in the least. Which I guess makes sense, because if you thought he was gay to begin with you wouldn't be interested. In fact, when he told me he was gay, I preceeded to tell him that he was "the straightest gay guy I know." He may even be (or at least seem) the straightest of the straight guys I know. But this has happened to me three times, and twice lately. How is this possible? Can I not have a crush on nice straight boy? *sigh* Here's hoping for better luck in the future. Or at least better gay-dar.

|

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

There's just that type of guy. Some gays are obviously gay, and others really aren't. And then some day someone says to you, "He's gay." And you say, "He's gay?" And person will say, "Yeah, like, super gay." And suddenly, suddenly, it's all clear. At least you got a friend and some harmless flirting practice out of the deal.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 6:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Yeah, for real. Crazy.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Evghenis said...

"gay-dar"? Priceless. But yeah, you should know that men who dress well, smell nice, are willing to dance and are easy to talk to often will turn out to be gay. Straight guys just don't do that. The awkwardness is a sign that he's interested. When guys like you, any conversation won't be comfortable for a while. Trick is, fight through the awkwardness for a bit; it wears off. Me and Nelle had a really wierd friendship before we ended admitting our "fondness" for each other.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Yeah man, gay-dar. Ok, so I'm looking for awkward . . . sounds fun. Although nervous can be a good thing I guess . . .

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:42:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com