Sunday, June 11, 2006

Superstition and The End of the World

Hello again

I just have to tell you people how freaking hilarious I found the whole world being up in arms about the world ending last Tuesday. It was totally ridiculous! Did God ever tell us that the world was going to end on June 6th 2006? Or Jesus? Did He not say we wouldn't know the day or the hour? Besides, do we really think satan would be that obvious? Although I must say I was amused that the lady on the news told me that if the world was ending that day we didn't really need to know the weather report.

Also, I went to the movies today with my charges. The plan was to see Cars but the dumb theatre people oversold the tickets and the idea of watching a movie while seated in the aisle did not sound like a good plan to me. So Alexie and I saw The Omen instead. (Or as she calls it, The Om - pronounced Ohm). It pretty much blew. It wasn't scarey except the dumb kind of scarey that makes you jump for a second. Of course, missing the first 20 minutes likely didn't help. Whatever.

To keep with stupid people being superstitious, Alexie and I conducted a bit of an experiment last week. We were talking about how some buildings don't have a 13th floor because it's "bad luck". Now, I get the theory behind Friday the 13th being considered bad luck because Jesus was supposedly crucified on a Friday the 13th, but what up with the 13th floor? So we decided to call some hotels and see if they had 13th floors. We must have called like 15 hotels, and while many didn't have more than 9-ish floors, out of those that had over 13, only one actually had a 13th floor. How lame is that? Superstition is kind of dumb. I guess I'd make a bad actor. I hit the roof of my car twice when I go through a yellow light not because I'm superstitious but because it amuses me and reminds me of those guys I met at that party who insist that when they do that they are "banking sex minutes". Hahaha.

P.S. And as for those buildings who just go from the 12th floor to the 14th floor, you're not fooling anyone. The 14th just becomes the 13th. It isn't brain surgery. What stupidity.

|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally used to work on the fake 14th floor of a building!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Hahaha, that's awesome. And retarded.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

Not that you worked there, but that they had no 13th floor.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:33:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com